Hello! This Privacy Notice explains how we, at GOALSTV.com, process information about the visitors of our website.
What This Privacy Notice Covers
Let’s talk first about who we are at GOALSTV.com, what we do, and what this Privacy Notice covers.
We are the team behind a variety of digital brands and marketing services designed to empower anyone–from social media influencers, to small business owners to get over all limits successfully with community, commerce and content.
Visitors to our site can read published content and interact with the site through features such as comments, “likes,” poll/survey responses, and follows. We put together this Privacy Notice to help our users understand the information we collect about them and how that happens on our site. Let’s turn to how we collect, use, and share information about our visitors.
Information We Collect About Visitors
We collect information about visitors in a few different ways–we collect certain information that the visitors provide the site and we collect some information automatically.
Let’s begin with information that visitors provide directly to GoalsTV.com, which primarily happens when visitors type into a text field on GoalsTV.com, like a comment field or a sign-up form.
Here are the most common ways in which a visitor directly provides information to the site:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a site, we collect the sign-up information requested by the site, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or other type of survey, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey owner requires for a poll/quiz/survey response, like an e-mail address.
- Order and Shipment Information: If a visitor orders something (hooray!) from us using our store and ecommerce features, we may collect information to process that order, such as credit card and billing information, and an address for shipping the package along to the recipient and calculating applicable taxes. We may also use this information for other purposes–for example, to send marketing and other communications, and to get analytics information about our e-commerce (e.g., the number of orders from particular geographic areas).
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or site registration.
Information We Automatically Collect
We also automatically collect some information about visitors.
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally how many people visit our site from certain geographic regions.
- Akismet Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment on articles. The information includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent and referrer (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
- Crowdsignal Response Information: We collect information about visitors who respond to our surveys. The information that we collect includes IP address, browser type, operating system, user agent, and the web page last visited.
- Intense Debate Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment. The information that we collect includes the IP address and account information on GOALSTV.com, along with the comment.
- User Activity: We collect visitor activities such as login attempts/actions and comment submission and management actions.
How We Share Visitor Information
We may share information collected about visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose visitor information to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide services to our site, or to process the information on our behalf. We require our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Privacy Notice for information about visitors that we share with them.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share visitor information with third party vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose visitor information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose Site visitor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of GOALSTV.com, our Users, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that GOALSTV.com goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that visitors choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like visitor comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the visitor that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like” (such as a visitor’s WordPress.com username and Gravatar). Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Our site contains ads from third party ad networks and advertisers, and we integrate other tools and services on GOALSTV.com such as Google Analytics and third party plugins. Please note that this Privacy Notice only covers the collection of information by GOALSTV.com, and does not cover the collection by any third party. Ad networks and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about visitors’ use of GOALSTV.com and across other websites and online services, such as a visitor’s IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked, and conversion information. This information may be used by those companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertisements that may be more targeted to visitor interests. For more information about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org, and for more information on interest-based ads, including information about how you may be able to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit aboutads.info/choices (US based) and youronlinechoices.eu (EU based).